Monday, September 8, 2008

Welcome Avilyn Macey - Sept. 3rd 2008

She is the best thing that has ever happened to Porter and I! She is a really good baby. All I want to do is hold her...which is why I haven't gotten around to posting pictures until now :-) She weighed 6lbs 9 oz and was 19 1/2". We only got to hold her for a little while before they took her away to monitor her breathing, but she is as healthy as can be now! I took her in today to have her weight checked. Since she lost a little weight before we left the hospital the goal was to return to her birth weight in 2 weeks...well in 5 days she has surpassed that and today weighed 6lbs 11 oz. I was actually a little sad she was getting bigger that fast! Every moment is so precious right now and I don't want her to grow up.


New Mom

On our way home

New Daddy

Taking a nap

2nd bath (we taped the 1st bath, but didn't get pics)

Napping on Grandma Mardyne

19 comments:

Russell and Mikelle said...

kami! she is beautiful!! congrats.. I should come visit sometime..

Cal said...

congrats. She is so precious and beautiful. I am glad that everyone is healthy!

Tori said...

Oh my! You're a mommy!! I want to come and visit...when you are ready for visitors...she is a complete doll, I can't believe all of her dark hair!! You guys will make the best parents!

Justin and Kenzee said...

What a little darling! We're so excited for you. She was so tiny when she was born... how'd I get so lucky to have an 8 lb. 3 oz. boy? I don't blame you for wanting to hold her every second. I think that's all I did for about 2 months after Nolan was born! Congrats!!!

Cacia said...

She is so cute. I love her in her car seat - so tiny!

Lizzy said...

Oh she is so cute, I love all the hair! Can't wait to hold her...

Anonymous said...

I love these new pictures Kami! She is too cute. Kate loves to look at these pictures over and over. She can't get enough. I think I will have to come up in a few weeks because I don't want to miss out on seeing her grow up!

kelsey said...

Yay for pictures! I've been checking for pictures all the time. She is SO cute and precious. You look so good as well for just having a baby. Congrats to the both of you.

Anonymous said...

Kate's new favorite on your blog is staring at the album cover of the dogs in wigs. She cries if I change it. She likes it when I get both the dogs and the creepy furry seal guy on the screen at once! She is just now saying she wants the dogs, so I better give her what she wants.

Brittany and Adam said...

oh I just think she is great I love the one where she is napping on grandma mardene she looks so little. she is a doll it makes me want to have a baby!

Stacy said...

She is so precious! I can't get over those cheeks. Good work you two! I can't wait to meet her!

Shels said...

I still cant get over her hair! And how is it that you are so thin after just giving birth! You look amazing-your a beautiful mom! (And of course porter is a handsome man...just so he knows he's not left out) :)

TamiJenson said...

cute baby she is so darling... i am so happy for you. you will have to come and see me and get your hair done and bring the baby:) i hope you are doing good you look great!!!

Jordan and Katrina Hansen said...

Wow! What a gorgeous baby. I love the name...very cute.

Chris and Shae said...

Congrats to you both! She's such a doll and I love her hair! We hope that all is going well and let us know when you're ready for visitors.

Brittany and Adam said...

I didnt know your e-mail so I posted this as a comment.

Birth Order of Children!
I thought this was so funny and some of them very true!!!

BIRTH ORDER OF CHILDREN
1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.
2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.
3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.
____________________________________________________________________
Preparing for the Birth:
1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.
2nd baby: You don't bother because you remember that last time, breathing didn't' t do a thing
3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month
____________________________________________________________________
The Layette:
1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.
2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.
3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they? ____________________________________________________________________
Worries:
1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up the baby.
2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing ____________________________________________________________________
Pacifier:
1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.
3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in. ____________________________________________________________________
Diapering:
1st baby: You change your baby's diapers every hour, whether they need it or not.
2nd baby: You change their diaper every two to three hours, if needed.
3rd baby: You try to change their diaper before others start to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees. ____________________________________________________________________
Activities:
1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.
2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner. ____________________________________________________________________
Going Out:
1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home five times.
2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.
3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood. ____________________________________________________________________
At Home:
1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children. ____________________________________________________________________
Swallowing Coins:
1st child: When first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the hospital and demand x-rays.
2nd child: When second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for the coin to pass.
3rd child: When third child swallows a coin you deduct it from his allowance!

Kami said...

I love everyone's comments...Brit, thanks for the baby humor! Thanks everyone for all your support...We have such great family and friends!

Our Family said...

Congratulations! Your little baby girl is beautiful! Wishing you all the best!

Anonymous said...

I am so Happy for you two and she is so beautiful, I can not believe the hair, so cute! I am glad everything went well and you are loving it...